Internship position at Critical Metrics LLC for Media Metadata expert
Critical Metrics LLC. seeks an expert in media metadata formats to join its core team. We are an award-nominated (TechCrunch/Supernova/Webware) startup venture based in NYC - and are looking to recruit a skilled SME Information Architect (IA) with a strong understanding of the increasing value of contextual metadata syndication in entertainment media services.
In an “everything on demand” media world, our mission is solid & long-term. That goal is: build a service that will truly help viewers & listeners decide what to watch & listen to in the coming years. (More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Metrics ).
With a methodology based in the fields of bibliometrics and sentiment analysis, Critical Metrics quantifies positive critical citations and sentiments into indices for digital media playlisting and consumption.
As we are a lean & mean startup, students and recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. The right candidate will:
• Benefit in the shared success of the company through equity after an initial trial period.
• Contribute greatly to the success of our next funding round, and we fully intend to onboard he or she as a paid employee at that point.
• 3+ years of software development experience.
• Concentration/research in MPEG-4, MPEG-7 and MPEG-21 standards, XML schemas (XSL), XML data binding, OWL, SOAP, WSDLs, and key integration points between content and data.
• Experience with Java, Ruby on Rails, PHP, MySQL, Ajax (and semantic Web / 2.0 tech in general).
• Strong understanding of IA & open API approaches.
• Experience with SOAs (Service Oriented Architectures) a plus.
• Experience with ATSC and ADI 2.0 metadata standards nice to have, but not mandatory.
• Prior Internet startup experience a plus.
• A positive, highly articulate individual with a strong work-ethic.
• Comfortable dealing with fast paced environments & new / evolving markets
• Qualified applicants may send their CV, resume & cover letter (references appreciated).
• B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or Technical degree preferred
• No relocation
• Telecommuting OK
• No third party applications